Friday, November 22, 2019

Let's start on dessert (pecan pie)

I received this recipe when I put our a request to my friend's circle for a pecan pie WITHOUT corn syrup. Recipes where so damn hard to find and I will we ever grateful to Joann for this one.

Make a single crust and line your pie plate with it.

Preheat the oven to 350°f/ 170°c

You want to mix this together and then immediately into the oven. Don't let it sit, it won't set properly.

1/2 c White sugar
1 c Brown sugar
3 Eggs
1 c Pecans (chopped)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 pinch salt
6 Tbsp Butter (melted)

Combine sugars, eggs, salt and vanilla
Add pecans
Add enough butter to reach desired thickness

Bake immediately! for 45 min. Cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.

I love this recipe! The only time I had it fail was when I left it to sit on the counter because the oven was not preheated. It was still tasty but didn't set properly so was still liquidy inside.

Add as much nuts as you like! I usually add an extra 1/2 cup to the filling and decorate with some halves on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment