Monday, November 23, 2020

Chicken experiment:Meal 4

 So, brought the broth and bones in from the porch this morning and strained it well, Stripped any meat I could and rid myself of the rest. Remember the fat and drippings from the pan that I set aside? That went into the broth as well as some gravy I had in the fridge from a different meal on last Sunday. I added about 2 cups of water because the whole thing was very thick, like 1/2 set jelly. Took the meat from my last leg, chopped it up with an onion and a few carrots and cooked it about an hour before I put the dumplings in. I forgot the celery but i'm not too worried about that. The dumpling recipe is new to me and it seems to be working up well. Time to test it!

Whatever leftovers there are from tonight will make lunch tomorrow. 

Oh, I had plenty left over from my fried rice last night that I had a midnight snack and lunch today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment