Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Leftovers

Sometimes I plan for them, other times they just happen. Tonight it is leftover pasta and some chili I had in the freezer. Baked under a lovely blanket of cheese. ๐Ÿ˜ The chili was a planned leftover. I like to freeze chili, soup, stew or other items to use up later when the kids aren't around. Saves some trouble cooking and they are yummy!

I had chicken leftover last week and turned it into a 'gravy'. Normally you would make it with a can of condensed chicken soup but I have a recipe that gets me around that. ๐Ÿ˜‰Just chop the chicken, add peas and carrots. Made some biscuits and poured it over. I had leftovers from that with toast. I could have made pies and used it as a filling but that was too much work for just me. The leftover biscuits I could eat with butter.

Leftovers are a great way to experiment and have fun with food.

What do you do with your leftovers?

No comments:

Post a Comment