Monday, October 14, 2019

Craving cookies

OK, for over a week I have been craving oatmeal cookies so now I have broken down and made some. As my favorite recipe was unavailable to me I called out to the internet and was given a copy.

Sometimes I add raisins, sometimes dried cranberries, and usually chocolate chips! Everything tastes better with chocolate. I'm thinking maybe of trying a batch with dries apple in it, yummy!

Better Homes and Garden New Cookbook gave me this recipe and it is tried and true. My edition is from 1997 or whatever edition was available then. My aunt gifted me a laundry basket full of items needed for living on your own including the cookbook. It was honestly one of the best presents I've ever gotten.

3/4 C Butter (This last batch I accidentally used only 1/2 c and they were still great)
1 C Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 C White Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
1/4 tsp Cloves (optional)
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
13/4 C Flour
2 C Rolled Oats

Beat the butter for 30 seconds
Add the sugars
Add the Baking powder and soda along with the spices, Until combined
Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until combined
Add as much of the flour as you can with the mixer
Stir in any remaining flour and the rolled oats

Add chocolate chips, Raisins, Cranberries, Apples, etc now. The recipe say 1 cup. I added 3/4 cup cranberries and 3/4 cup chocolate chips

Using my Pampered Chef 2 Tbsp scoop I was able to get 36 cookies

Bake at 375°f (180°c) for 10 to 12 min

Cool on a wire rack

Notes:
Instead of the spices I use my spice mixture 'Poudre Forte' a medieval blend that includes Cinnamon, ginger, clove, peppers and more. It works real well for this and can be found on line at Auntie Arwen's Spices ( https://www.auntiearwenspices.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html#/ )

You can mix the ratio of brown to white sugar as well. reducing the brown and increasing the white. If you find you do not have any brown sugar there are tutorials on how to 'make your own' by blending white sugar with molasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment